Brown Sugar Milk Tea with Pearls
Enjoy your favourite brown sugar pearl milk tea with our starter kit that provides you with all the ingredients you need. Making your own drink would be so much fun and you can customize it the way you like it (I like mine milky with lots of pearls soaked in the brown sugar syrup).
Brown Sugar Tapioca Pearls
- 5 cups water (1,000ml)
- 300g cup black tapioca pearls
- 1 cup water (200ml)
- 300g brown sugar
- 6 cups water (1,200ml)
- 10 tea bags of Lipton yellow label (Black Tea)
- 200ml of fresh milk
Cooking the pearls:
1. Add 5 cups of water into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add in the tapioca pearls, and keep the water on a rolling boil for 15 minutes until the pearls are cooked thoroughly.
3. Stir vigorously in the beginning to prevent the pearls from sticking, but once they start to float, you only need to stir the pot once every few minutes.
4. Once the pearls are cooked, transfer them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process and firm up slightly.
Brown Sugar Pearls:
1. To make the braising syrup, add 200ml of water and 300g of brown sugar in a small pot, and bring to a boil.
2. Add in the chilled tapioca pearls, and turn the heat down to a slow simmer.
3. Let the pearls braise for 20 to 25 minutes, until the braising liquid turns thick and syrupy. Keep it warm after it’s done cooking.
Brewing of tea:
1. Add 6 cups of water into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add 10 tea bags the boiling water.
3. Let the tea bags sit for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Set aside the tea to cool to room temperature
1. To serve, tilt the glass or cup at a 45° angle, and place the tapioca pearls close to the lip of the glass, letting them slide down to the base.
2. Repeat this on all sides to get a trippy, tiger stripe-like ripple effect.
3. Add the ice cubes
4. Add in the cooled tea
5. Lastly add in fresh milk
【⿊糖珍珠】：⽔1,000ml、粉圆300g, ⽔200ml、⿊糖 300g
1. 需200ml的⽔和300g 的⿊糖
#TapiocaPearls #MilkTea #BrownSugar #Boba #DIY #Homemade